|Date Opened||5/2/2014 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/16/2014 3:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,840.00 - $51,564/year|
|HR Analyst||Patrick Johnson|
Region #4 (075661) (056895A) (075653) 807 Brightseat Road Landover, MD 20785
Region #5 (Pin 075656) 51 Monroe Place Suite 200 Rockville, MD 20850
Region #4 Provides services to Prince George’s County, Region #5 to Montgomery County
These are professional entry level positions responsible for learning how to perform the duties and responsibilities of inspecting, licensing and monitoring child care centers, family day care homes, and non public nursery schools. This position functions under the close supervision of a Child Care Licensing Supervisor.
1) Inspects child care facilities by following standard Office of Child Care licensing procedures in order to ensure compliance with child care regulations.
2) Enforces child care regulation in day care centers and family day care homes to ensure the provision of quality child education development programs.
3) Investigates complaints against child care facilities to determine validity of allegations by following Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) procedures.
4) Compiles, evaluates, and maintains application materials, case files, data bases, and reports in accordance with procedures to determine eligibility for child care licensure and to ensure adequate documentation of facility operations.
5) Identifies and documents instances of noncompliance that could potentially lead to enforcement actions in order to ensure health/safety and welfare of children.
6) Provides information to providers and the general public to promote quality child care and educate and inform providers on child care practices, policies, regulations and resources.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Education, Social Work or Psychology from an accredited four-year college or university.
NOTE: Possession of an associate’s degree in early childhood development, teacher education, sociology or psychology and two years work experience inspecting, licensing and monitoring child care centers, family day care homes or non-public nursery schools may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Candidate should have extensive experience in Child Care Licensing procedures, policies and regulations. Knowledge of COMAR preferred. Additional experience with facility casework and inspections involving children in Daycare or similar settings is preferred.
Completion of the on-line application via the State's on-line application system is STRONGLY recommended.
Completed MSDE Paper Applications must be directed to:
Staff Employment Section
Office of Human Resources
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Fax to 410-333-8950
For inquiries or an MSDE Application, contact 410-767-0019 visit the State of Maryland's Job application website http://www. dbm.maryland.gov/jobseekers/pages/jobseekershome.aspx
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
TTY users: Call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.