EDUCATION ACCOUNTABILITY SPECIALIST
|Filing Deadline||8/15/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,355.00 - $88,690/year|
|HR Analyst||Patrick Johnson|
200 WEST BALTIMORE STREET
BALTIMORE, MD 21201
This is a professional position responsible for providing program support and technical assistance for conducting research related to the accountability program within the Accountability Branch of the Division of Curriculum, Assessment, and Accountability.
1. Provides technical assistance to local school systems, MSDE staff, and contractors for the acquisition, analysis, and reporting of research data and for developing and maintaining SAS databases in support of program initiatives.
2.Acquires education accountability data from local school systems (LSS) and MSDE databases.
3. Designs, creates, and manages datasets, designs and implements procedures for data collection from LEA’s (Local Education Agencies); analyzes and evaluates accountability program data.
4.Writes computer programs to organize and clean acquired data in order to create valid analysis datasets.
5. Interprets and summarizes finds of research studies through written reports.
6. Provides research reports to the Branch Chief of Education Accountability; provides accountability program analyses in response to legislator and general public inquires and participates in planning meetings.
EDUCATION: Possession of a Master’s Degree or equivalent 36 credit hours of post-baccalaureate course work from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years of administrative or teaching experience in or affiliated with an education program; this experience to include coordinating or administering an education research program or education research related area. Experience in statistical analysis, applications development and research, or data management preferred; SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) experience desired.
1. Two additional years of experience directly related to the position may be substituted for the required Master’s Degree.
Completion of the on-line application via the State's on-line application system is STRONGLY preferred.
Completed MSDE Paper Applications must be directed to:
Staff Employment Section
Office of Human Resources
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Fax to 410-333-8950
For inquiries or an MSDE Application, contact 410-767-0019 visit the State of Maryland's Job application website http://www. dbm.maryland.gov/jobseekers/pages/jobseekershome.aspx
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
TTY users: Call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.