STATE AID UNIT
|Date Opened||4/25/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/9/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,547.00 - $58,687.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Patrick Johnson|
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
1. Performs audits of accounting reports, records and program documentation in accordance with audit procedures to verify compliance with Federal regulations and State laws.
2. Audits student enrollment records and reports, completes reports documenting school system audit results and recommends methods to improve procedures and repayment or reductions of State aid.
3. Produces audit working papers using computer audit/accounting software.
4. Completes pre-audit analysis and prepares working papers for field audits.
5. Assists in researching regulations and other authority to determine audit criteria applicable to audited programs.
6. Participates in entrance and exit conferences to explain procedures used and the results obtained during fieldwork.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree with 30 credit hours in Accounting and related courses; including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in Auditing; CPA is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience performing financial and compliance audits of a state agency, grantee, business or other entity. Experience in performing and/or reviewing governmental and/or nonprofit organizations is preferred
1. Applicants may substitute possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor, or a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting for one year of the required experience.
2. Applicants may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for one year of auditing experience.
3. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
The Use of the On-Line Application via the State of Maryland's Job application website at http://www.dbm.maryland.gov is the preferred method for receipt of application.
Completed Applications must be directed to:
Staff Employment Section
Office of Human Resources
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Fax to: 410-333-8950
For inquiries or an MSDE Application, contact 410-767-0019 or TTY/TDD 410-333-3045, visit our website at www.marylandpublicschools or visit the State of Maryland’s Job Application website at http://www.dbm.maryland.gov/ jobseekers/ pages/jobseekershome.aspx.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
TTY users: Call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.