HEALTH FACILITIES SURVEY COORDINATOR I
|Department||DHMH Office of Health Care Quality|
|Date Opened||2/3/2014 11:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/17/2014 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,153.00 - $68,887.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Andrew Gabell|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DHMH- Office of Health Care Quality, Catonsville, MD.
Main Purpose of Job
The Office of Health Care Quality is the agency within the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene that oversees the quality of care in Maryland’s health care facilities and community-based programs. The Health Facilities Survey (HFS) Coordinator I in the Long Term Care Unit directs a team of professionals that evaluate the care and services delivered to residents of long term care facilities (nursing homes). The HFS Coordinator coordinates the completion of federal and State survey activities, including annual surveys and investigations of complaints and self-reported incidents. The purpose of these surveys and investigations is to ensure that residents of nursing homes have the quality of life and care that are required by State and federal regulations. Responsibilities include evaluation of surveyors’ written documentation, oversight of survey and complaint investigation processes, and ensuring deficiency statements are based on federal guidelines and the prescribed principles of documentation. The HFS Coordinator I communicates with administrative staff within OHCQ, providers, and stakeholders many times each day.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or University.
Experience: Three years of experience in health facility surveying and inspection of proprietary and/or nonprofit health care institutions.
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing may be substituted for the required education.
2. A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a health field or management discipline may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Nurse graduates must possess and maintain a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing. A copy of your license, license verification or license number and expiration date must be attached to your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a Motor Vehicle Operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Persons appointed to positions in these classifications will be assigned to various geographic areas on a rotating basis.
2. Applicants must be eligible to participate in training courses for Health Facilities Surveyors as established and sponsored by the federal government. Successful completion of these courses is required for continued surveying activity.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year.
Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period. For Recorded Job Information Call: 410-767-6018.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.