DO NOT apply for this position through the Office of Personnel Management!
Oklahoma Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) offers excellent benefit and retirement packages; send resume with cover letter referencing job title #2012-005 Licensed Practical Nurse (Woodward- Lighthouse Substance Abuse Center) OR #2012-003 (Ft Supply - Acute Care Unit / Residential Transitional Unit) OR #2012-068 (Woodward Outpatient) to the address below.
ODMHSAS/ Human Resources Office
1222 10th Street, Suite 201N
Woodward, OK 73801
Fax (580)254-2985, email@example.com
Positions are assigned responsibilities for performing technical direct and indirect nursing care in a clinic, hospital, institution, or home setting for individuals under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse, licensed physician, or dentist. This includes taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, and various other technical nursing tasks in providing health care to patients and others.
The functions performed by employees will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge and skills.
• Participates in the evaluation of responses to interventions.
• Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles. Delegates nursing care tasks such as: taking temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, giving enemas, douches, and sitz baths, collecting specimens, and measuring intake and output.
• Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients, families, and groups in a variety of settings.
• Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administers medications as ordered.
• Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
• Performs other duties as related.
LEVEL DESCRIPTOR III:
The Licensed Practical Nurse has three levels that are distinguished based on the level of skill required, responsibility and complexity of specific assignments, and responsibility for providing leadership to others.
This is the specialist level of the job family where employees are assigned responsibility for performing the more complex nursing tasks and providing functional supervision to others in the care and treatment of patients. This includes tasks involving the assignment and review of work, providing required training, and insuring that the quality of care meets established standards. Responsibilities will also include providing guidance and training to others in completing the more complex nursing tasks and activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory, of medical terminology, and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; ability to provide nursing care to patients or clients and the ability to monitor and direct the work of others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and three years of practical nursing experience.
Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 50 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.