This posting is for a Part Time position.
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services, Information Services Division is seeking an experienced Technician to provide information technology services to the J.D. McCarty Center located in Norman, Oklahoma. This is a part-time, unclassified position in state government.
This part-time position is assigned to provide computer support services in a hospital for children with developmental disabilities. In this role, incumbents are assigned technical tasks involving the maintenance of various types of computer systems and related equipment and software. Duties include providing assistance to users; recurring daily tasks, such as tape backups and preventative maintenance; and assisting users with common computer issues.
• Ensure security updates to include patches are correctly applied on every machine.
• AS400 tape backups during their assigned shift.
• Assist with delivery, installation, testing, and maintenance of teletherapy equipment and home computers.
• Assist with wiring installation and testing for computer and security systems for the agency to include daily monitoring of systems.
• Assist in providing technical assistance to the conference center in the areas of communication, video, and computer support.
• Perform technical work in providing preventative maintenance, evaluating system performance, responding to calls concerning malfunctions of network systems, and identifying and resolving causes as they pertain to critical hospital functions.
• Work with Certified Purchasing Officer and purchasing representative to complete required paperwork for IT purchases.
• Assist when potentially serious computer-related situations arise that affect critical hospital functions.
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of procedures to properly patch computer operating systems is required.
• Knowledge of computer maintenance requirements and procedures is required.
• Knowledge of back up procedures for computers systems is required.
• Knowledge of proper installation of both wired and wireless computer networks is required.
• Ability to lift and install teletherapy equipment is required.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships is required.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations is required.
• Ability to express ideas and facts clearly and effectively is required.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions is required.
• Available when potentially serious computer related situations arise that effect hospital functions.
• Perform daily tasks as assigned.
Applicants must possess a current state driver’s license. Certification or current enrollment in either electronics, telecommunication or computer course work is required.