DO NOT submit an application for this position to Human Capital Management!
To apply, please follow the directions below:
#12-022-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has one opening in the Rate and Form Compliance Division for a Rate Analyst. The salary range is $30,000 to $36,000. Open Until Filled. Submit resumes by email to email@example.com
Under immediate supervision, review and analyze rate, manual rule and form filings to ensure compliance with Oklahoma statutes, regulations and case law.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Electronically review and analyze insurance filings, such as rate, rule and form filings, for final disposition
• Assist with problems, questions or projects concerning insurance rates, rules and forms
• Communicate with companies in writing or by telephone regarding information relative to specific filings or Oklahoma requirements in general
• Engage in specialized studies of various insurance issues
• Provide assistance in locating filings or information in filings for the general public or insurance industry
• Perform related work as required or assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Develop and expand insurance knowledge including marketplace and laws
• Should have intermediate level knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and have the ability to learn SBS and SERFF software
• Maintain effective working relationships
• Manage time effectively to meet deadlines
• Must be able to work independently and within a group
• Must possess good customer service skills, handling confidential work with tact and discretion
• Represent the Department internally and externally effectively and professionally
• Communicate effectively
• Must possess strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task
• Must be detail oriented but able to see the “big picture”
• Understand statutes, regulations, policies and procedures and how to apply them to conduct the business of the Department
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants must have extensive property and casualty experience with a preference given to applicants with multiline commercial experience.
Rate Analyst I: Associate’s degree with one year of experience working with rate, rule or form filings or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rate Analyst II: Five years of experience as an insurance company multi-line underwriter or premium rater or a bachelor’s degree or combination of insurance education (CPCU, CIC, CPIW, IIA, etc.)
Preference may be given to applicants with strong mathematical skills.
NOTE: Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department cannot have an immediate relative who is financially interested, directly or indirectly, in any insurer, agency or insurance transaction (except as a policyholder or claimant). The selected applicant must not have a felony conviction and must pass a background check.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Oklahoma Office of Personnel Management benefits page at http://www.ok.gov/opm/HR_and_Employee_Services/index.html. EEO/AA