|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||10/29/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/23/2013 8:41:00 AM|
|Salary||Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services, Information Services Division is seeking an experienced Network Technician to provide information technology services to the Oklahoma Health Care Authority located in Oklahoma City. This is a full-time, unclassified position in state government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn three weeks paid annual and three weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement.
This position performs maintenance and administration associated with the Local Area Network (LAN) deployment plans, particularly as it pertains to server-based activities. The position performs a wide range of support related to a 500+ node networked organization which involves the coordination of multiple daily tasks and new projects. Strong emphasis is placed on customer service and supporting user needs.
• Configure and maintain Windows servers.
• Maintain network printing and scanning services.
• Serve as second level support for help desk tickets.
• Consults with division directors and other managers on complex system or program needs in to identify parameters, feasibility, etc.
• Work with other systems analysts, programmers, technicians, and top-level managers in the design, testing and evaluation of systems. Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, and make purchase recommendations.
• Develop and write plans, documentation, and procedures regarding installation, and troubleshooting of server hardware and software to assist in maintaining the integrity of these systems.
• Research emergent technologies by attending conferences, reading literature, and other professional resources to identify and incorporate relevant techniques or theories to existing agency structures.
• Assist Network Manager as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of telecommunications, networks, computer operating systems, radio communications or other electronics systems.
• Knowledge of installation and repair techniques for data processing and telecommunications equipment and associated devices.
• Knowledge of microcomputers and related equipment and software.
• Knowledge of procedures for testing telecommunications equipment.
• Knowledge of office automation systems.
• Knowledge of radio transmitting and receiving devices.
• Knowledge of rules and regulations concerning the use of telecommunications systems and of procedures for analyzing and resolving systems operating problems.
• Ability to install and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment.
• Ability to provide training and assistance to users.
• Ability to analyze and resolve systems problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to work independently and perform a wide range of tasks and activities in administering a telecommunications network or operating system.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Information Technology or a related field; or four years of network administration experience in Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 LAN/WAN environment.