The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES), Information Services Division is seeking an experienced PeopleSoft Application Administrator. This position will be located at the OMES Data Center in Oklahoma City. This is a full time, unclassified position in State government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn 3 weeks paid annual and 3 weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement.
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to administer the PeopleSoft applications. This includes managing the administration, configuration, and maintenance of the application server; monitoring the process scheduler; researching problems to determine the appropriate solution; monitoring the release of PeopleSoft patches, upgrades and fixes and assessing the impact on the current environment; working with users to determine which upgrades are mandatory or urgent; migrating projects through the various environments; enforcing the documentation standards that have been established; developing a detailed project plan for migrating patches and fixes through the various environments; consulting with management on complex application projects, software, work methods or procedures. Individual will establish direction and standards while maintaining a high level of user trust, satisfaction and confidence. A complete understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and technologies is required.
Principal Activities: The principal activities include the following:
• Support and own the overall PeopleSoft internet architecture (PIA) utilizing best practices to monitor and maintain web servers, application servers, and process schedulers.
• Stay current on all PeopleSoft Maintenance Packs, bundles, patches and fixes. Assist with impact analysis on affected applications and coordinate testing and implementation with programming, DBA, QA, and functional testers.
• Provide assistance to programming staff and end users in researching application errors. This may include researching possible solutions through Oracle support. Coordinate testing and implementation of fixes with programming, DBA, QA, and functional testers.
• Migrate tested patches and fixes through the defined environment instances to meet all technical standards.
• Determine optimal configuration parameters for the application, web, and batch server’s and provide ongoing tuning of the application environment to maintain optimum performance. Assist in development of backup and recovery procedures for the application server.
• Set up, monitor and administer the PeopleSoft Process Scheduler server. Set up batch processing environments for batch COBOL, SQR and Crystal reporting.
• Coordinate with network and workstation support groups to ensure optimum network performance and accessibility to the PeopleSoft applications.
• Assist the security team in maintaining the security for the PeopleSoft system. This includes application security and PeopleSoft application-level security.
• Provide troubleshooting for isolating technical problems in the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture including application and web servers on UNIX, process schedulers on both UNIX and NT and Weblogic configuration.
• Prepare status reports as defined by management.
• Other assigned duties.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Computer Sciences, Business, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus is preferred; and at least eight years professional-level experience in development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale data processing applications, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms. Experience and knowledge in new computing architectures and implementation of complex data processing applications is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, Application development, or closely related field for each required year of education.
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
* At least eight years experience in systems analysis and application administration.
* Experience with PeopleSoft and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) applications.
* Experience and knowledge in system testing and implementation of complex systems.
* Experience and skill in preparing program and system documentation.
*Experience and ability to provide guidance and training to less experienced programming staff.