All students interested in internships must have received prior notification of eligible intern status in order to apply for internship vacancies. If you have not received prior eligibility approval as a Senior Undergraduate Intern, please complete the initial CAPIP application here before applying for this vacancy.
Under direct supervision, assists in conducting reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities and assist in the evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls over these activities.
• Completing audit steps in a professional manner in accordance with audit plan;
• Obtains, analyzes and appraises evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed;
• Prepares detailed working papers to document the work performed and conclusions reached;
• Assists in researching policies and regulations;
• Write audit findings to be included in formal written reports; and
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of accounting and auditing theory and practice; of financial report writing; of office procedures and practices; and of organizational theory, functions, methods and techniques; and
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with others; in analyzing complex situations and adopting an effective course of action; and in expressing ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
• The candidate must be working towards a baccalaureate degree in accounting or a closely related field with at least 90 credit hours of undergraduate level coursework; and
• Achieved a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale in all undergraduate level coursework
Applicant must be willing and able to perform all job related travel normally associated with this position.