|Date Opened||10/29/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/8/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
This position serves as the primary point of contact for all IT, telecommunications and security for the NGOK-RTI Billets.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for all IT issues for NGOK-RTI Billets and other departments as needed
• Major daily responsibilities include trouble shooting user level issues within the Billets, to include cross coordination with the NGOK-DCSIM
• Serves as backup for Billeting Facility Manager
• Overall responsibility for all communication systems for the NGOK-RTI Billets and other facilities as needed. Plan, design, coordinate, establish and maintain computer services and communication networks to support the entire NGOK-RTI complex
• Prepare NGOK-RTI annual automation and communications plan; perform professional and technical work; perform preventive maintenance; evaluate systems performance; respond to malfunctions and operating problems, and identify and resolve causes
• Confer with users to identify communications or computer support requirements within the Billets and other areas as needed
• Provide training and assist users in the operations and application of available systems for the Billets staff and other staff as required
• Install and test personal computers, software, operating systems, and other communication and automation devices and components for Billets and other departments as needed
• Coordinate and perform system tests; adjust, calibrate and modify equipment or components to conform to specifications; implement engineering or software changes or enhance systems performance for Billets and other departments as needed
• Develop telecommunications or information technology strategies, recommend and plan for the procurement of new technologies or equipment for Billets and other departments as needed
• Maintain camera security system on all floors of the NGOK-RTI Billets
• Assist customers and staff at the NGOK-RTI Education Center with computer and classroom requirements and reservations as needed
Education and Experience Requirements: High school diploma or GED. Degree not required
• Ability to safely, and independently handle, lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs and climb ladders
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life and disability insurance for the employee and 75% paid health insurance for dependents. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
Conditions of Employment:
• Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable background check
• Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Employee will be considered essential personnel (required to work during inclement weather)
• Available to work if called in due to an emergency
• May work some weekends and alternate hours
• Ability to climb stairs, ladders and lift up to 30 lbs
Position is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma at the Oklahoma Regional Training Institute.
Employment eligibility verified through E-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access. Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.