This position serves as the primary point of contact for all IT, telecommunications and security for the NGOK-RTI Billets.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for all IT issues for NGOK-RTI Billets and other departments as needed
• Major daily responsibilities include trouble shooting user level issues within the Billets, to include cross coordination with the NGOK-DCSIM
• Serves as backup for Billeting Facility Manager
• Overall responsibility for all communication systems for the NGOK-RTI Billets and other facilities as needed. Plan, design, coordinate, establish and maintain computer services and communication networks to support the entire NGOK-RTI complex
• Prepare NGOK-RTI annual automation and communications plan; perform professional and technical work; perform preventive maintenance; evaluate systems performance; respond to malfunctions and operating problems, and identify and resolve causes
• Confer with users to identify communications or computer support requirements within the Billets and other areas as needed
• Provide training and assist users in the operations and application of available systems for the Billets staff and other staff as required
• Install and test personal computers, software, operating systems, and other communication and automation devices and components for Billets and other departments as needed
• Coordinate and perform system tests; adjust, calibrate and modify equipment or components to conform to specifications; implement engineering or software changes or enhance systems performance for Billets and other departments as needed
• Develop telecommunications or information technology strategies, recommend and plan for the procurement of new technologies or equipment for Billets and other departments as needed
• Maintain camera security system on all floors of the NGOK-RTI Billets
• Assist customers and staff at the NGOK-RTI Education Center with computer and classroom requirements and reservations as needed
Education and Experience Requirements: High school diploma or GED. Degree not required
• Ability to safely, and independently handle, lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs and climb ladders
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life and disability insurance for the employee and 75% paid health insurance for dependents. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
Conditions of Employment:
• Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable background check
• Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Employee will be considered essential personnel (required to work during inclement weather)
• Available to work if called in due to an emergency
• May work some weekends and alternate hours
• Ability to climb stairs, ladders and lift up to 30 lbs
Position is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma at the Oklahoma Regional Training Institute.
Employment eligibility verified through E-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access. Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.