A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Optimization Project Manager. This is a full time, unclassified position in state government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn 3 weeks paid annual and 3 weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement.
The purpose of this position is to administer and oversee creation and execution of projects implementing information technology efficiencies within a wide range of infrastructure hardware and software components. This position requires an individual knowledgeable with the implementation, maintenance and support of Mid-Range servers (MS-Windows, Linux and AIX); and Telecommunications. The primary focus of this position is on ensuring the continual improvement of the IT Infrastructure posture of the State of Oklahoma.
• Develop and maintain project plans and schedules and all associated process, procedure, standards and guidelines documentation for functional and optimization activities.
• Develops Proposals, Estimates and Return on Investment documents for projects. Including project staffing, software requirements, training requirments, hardware requirements (including end user devices, hardware infrasturcture, connectivity, etc).
• Serves as the Project Manager for small to large optimization projects. Identifying the visions, objectives, requirements, stakeholders, project team resource needs and members, and project obstacles, develops a communication plan, creating the Project Vision Document. Performs Risk Assessments.
• Leads and directs a team of techincal and non technical staff in the development of training plans, testing plans, functional requirement documents, security plans, detail design documents and implementation plans.
• Performs the monitoring, controlling and reporting of all project activities, statuses and risks to senior level management on a weekly basis and executive level on a monthly basis.
• Develops project task plans, tracks resource hours and contract expenditures, monitors the project task plans, elevates appropriately 'red flag' issues, develops contingency plans, maintains change management documentation.
• Confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions and develop plan of approach.
• Work with Team and contractor to ensure resolution of all issues.
• Effectively manage, and where necessary coach, direct reports, project team resources and external vendor resources.
• Support the OMES infrastructure architecture and coordinate related activities with other State Agencies and Entities.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and other key stakeholders exercise tact, courtesy and initiative
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
This position may include the supervision or direction of others.
Bachelor’s Degree and three years experience in the project management, management information system and/or information technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in planning, designing and implementing infrastructure hardware and software components or a closely related field for each required year of education. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and significant experience in Project Management and knowledge of wide range of infrastructure hardware and software components. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/ or ability required. Travel in and out of state on an as needed basis.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
-Master degree in management information system, computer science, and/or business management.
-Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
-Strong management skill set to include, but not limited to, conflict resolution, meeting direction, interpersonal relationship building, team building, and objective prioritization.
-Experience with planning and implementing large scale projects.
-A detail-oriented self-starter with superb follow-up skills.
-Able to demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, in both verbal and written communications.