|Date Opened||10/31/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/14/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Position is responsible for student instruction, classroom scheduling, career day preparation, public relations and administrative duties related to the job.
• Develop relationships with military and local school personnel
• Serve as lead instructor for the STARBASE classroom and coordinate career day activities
• Prepare classroom materials and instruction
• Serve as mentor or mentoring assistant for the STARBASE after school club
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong interest and background in technology, science and math education that is inquiry-based; ability to teach middle grades (grades 5-8) students; ability to use computers and technology; ability to work as a team member/leader
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Science/Math education preferred with current teaching certification required. Teaching experience with middle grades preferred. Experience with military installations preferred.
In order to verify educational requirements, you MUST attach a copy of an official college transcript with your application package. Applications received without transcripts will NOT be considered.
Oklahoma Teaching Certificate required
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee and 75% paid health insurance for dependents. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
• Able to lift/carry a minimum of 40 pounds
• Able to climb stairs
Conditions of Employment:
• Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable background check
• Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Maintain a valid driver’s license
• Must possess a valid Oklahoma Teaching Certificate
• Nac-I/ CAC card for computer access
This position is located in Oklahoma City, OK. Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.