The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) is seeking a self-motivated person to join the organization as a Technical Support Specialist. The Technical Support Specialist should possess the skills necessary to provide excellent customer service while fielding phone calls and requests for technical assistance by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a call center environment.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
• Provides complex hardware and software troubleshooting expertise over the phone and on-site as needed.
• Develops, creates and maintains technology current systems for use on hardware platforms.
• Monitors, coordinates and implements the distribution of client/server software and Services packs.
• Performs on-site and remote technical support in a call center environment.
• Assists in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
• Creates and maintains good technical documentation.
• Provides onsite support on a rotating schedule.
• Assists in creating materials for end user frequently asked questions (FAQ’s). Creates Knowledge Base documentation.
• Provides exceptional, in-depth remote technical phone support as needed.
• Works with Technical Support Services to resolve technical matters incumbent of remote phone support.
• Travels to remote user locations throughout the State as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Must possess complex hardware and software troubleshooting expertise
• Demonstrates team player capability as well as the ability to work independently
• Must possess exceptional organization skills, customer service, and communication skills
• In depth knowledge of server and PC hardware
• Knowledge of current Windows server and client operating systems and Windows Active Directory
• Knowledge of Windows-based infrastructure technologies, including file and print Services, NTFS share and folder permissions, DNS, DHCP as it relates to field infrastructure
• Knowledge of TCP/IP LAN technologies and cabling standards
• Must possess the ability to clearly communicate technical solutions
Education / Experience:
• Two (2) years of professional information and technology employment experience providing successful systems support, required
• A four year college degree; or the successful completion of a technical course curriculum from an accredited information and technology institution, preferred
• An MCP in addition to an MCDST or equivalent certification, preferred