A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services, Information Services Division is seeking an experienced Project Manager. This is a full-time, unclassified position in state government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn three weeks paid annual and three weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement.
In support of the State Department of Education and under general supervision, the Project Manager is responsible for the management and planning of all efforts associated with the implementation of the State of Oklahoma Longitudinal Data System including: development and management of work plans, define and deliverable individual project deliverables and part of the overall program deliverables, manage the expectations of all stake holders, organizing and addressing emerging project requirements, manage project relationships, manage one or more project teams in delivering the projects, and communicate and manager tasks and activities to a schedule with the team
The Project Manager will actively support the SLDS grant management teams efforts, to include: project plan, scope management, budget management, resource management, time management (activities and task planning, communications, risk, QA and testing, user training, project/project delivery, transition planning and ongoing maintenance and support management.
• Project management experience on medium to large sized custom development software projects;
• Strong understanding of the complete systems development lifecycle from project inception through operations and maintenance;
• An understanding of data modeling;
• An in-depth understanding of educational environment;
• Project management and leadership skills in leading technical personnel through the delivery of complex projects;
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
• Ability to facilitate and drive resolution of complex business and technical problems associated with software development project efforts;
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills and experience with project delivery;
• Excellent business analysis skills;
• Experience in managing vendors;
• Good technical background;
• Excellent ability to understand and express complex topics;
• Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical / implementation levels;
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university and 36 months; or more in related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
• Knowledge of PMBOK processes
• Knowledge of all aspects of enterprise architecture
• Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
• Effectively manage multiple priorities with attention to detail
• Strong leadership skills, to include resource allocation and planning skills with software development projects.