A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services, Information Services Division is seeking an experienced IS Planning Specialist to provide information technology services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services located in Oklahoma City. This is a full-time, unclassified position in state government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn three weeks paid annual and three weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement.
The purpose of this position is to deliver systems analysis and design for the reporting and data warehouse section for existing and new applications. This position will interface with customers in requirements elicitation, systems analysis, solution design, data conversion, requirements and functionality validation, change management, testing, turnover documentation, process improvement, problem analysis and resolution, and may serve as technical lead for a small software development team.
• Requirements identification, analysis, and design.
• Performs requirements documenting, analysis, and design for new and existing applications created and maintained by applications developers.
• Documenting, testing and validating functionality in meeting business and technical requirements and objectives.
• Works with Reporting and Data Warehousing section.
• Participates in design and coding reviews.
• Reviews systems, provides training and support.
• Identifies problems, designs and documents appropriate solutions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of information technology theories and systems related to the assigned area.
• Knowledge of systems analysis methodologies.
• Knowledge of data modeling methodologies and tools.
• Knowledge of the functional area supported.
• Knowledge of agency business requirements.
• Ability to analyze agency requirements related to the assigned field of information technology.
• Ability to analyze complex issues related to defining agency business requirements.
• Ability to communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Requirements consist of eight years of professional experience in information technology system design, installation and/or maintenance of a large-scale information technology system; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting twelve semester hours of course work in computer science or management information systems for each year of the required experience with a maximum substitution of four years.
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and experience with Data Warehousing, Oracle, IMS, DB2, PL/SQL, Data Stage, WebFOCUS, UML, OOAD, iterative methodologies.