Send resume, diploma, college transcript, and most current evaluation to:
Lavonna Bartling, Administrative Assistant
3400 Martin Luther King Avenue, Building B
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73136
(405) 425-7516 (405) 425-7550 (FAX)
This position is located at the William S. Key Correctional Center.
Positions in this job are responsible for directing all operational and administrative activities of correctional facilities for the department.
• Responsible for the overall operational and administrative functions of a correctional facility which includes security and custodial care, classification, food service, health services, physical plant maintenance, inmate programmatic activities, religious activities, education, laundry, mail, canteen, correctional industries, and agriservices.
• Ensures facility compliance with department policies and procedures; participates in the development, implementation and application of department policies and procedures to ensure compliance with statutory and applicable regulatory agencies; responsible for interpretation and application of laws, rules and regulations pertaining to operation of a correctional facility.
• Provides facility operational oversight to ensure all security, administrative, and programmatic functions are being carried out effectively, efficiently, and in accordance with department guidelines.
• Manages the budget, staff, and physical resources for the assigned facility(ies).
• Provides oversight to contract service providers as appropriate; serves on special project committees regarding a variety of department related operations.
• Serves as a public relations contact for the facility as needed/required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of planning, organizing and directing activities of a correctional institution; of theory, techniques and trends in correctional administration, of the principles and practices of administration and management; of public relations methods; and laws concerning incarceration of felons. Knowledge of, and skill in, the use and application of appropriate information technology. Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of others and the operations of a correctional facility; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to establish and maintain effective working relationships, to organize and manage several projects simultaneously; and to analyze complex and security sensitive situations and adopt an appropriate course of action.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: Title 57 O.S. 510, bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and six (6) years of professional level work experience in corrections.
see statutory requirements
Master’s degree and experience equivalent to or greater than listed above.
Job Code: 1176 DOC Pay Grade: 13-15 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 11-01-2012