|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||11/28/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/12/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
DO NOT submit an application for this position to Human Capital Management!
To apply, please follow the directions below:
Send resume and most current evaluation to:
Becky Raines, Human Resources Coordinator
Treatment and Rehabilitative Services
2901 N. Classen Blvd., Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
(405) 962-6185 (405) 962-6170 (FAX)
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
CORRECTIONAL HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
Positions in this job serve as administrators of health care units for the department. There are three Correctional Health Services Administrator job levels (CHSA I, II, III) that are distinguished by the complexity of the health care unit as measured by personnel costs and the number of authorized FTE assigned to the unit. Each job level is tasked with a similar core set of job functions that increase in complexity with each progressive job level. The job levels require a common set of knowledge, skills, and abilities; however, progressive job levels require greater mastery of each.
• Responsible for administering an institution, community corrections center, and/or community work center health care delivery program in compliance with departmental policy and procedures; coordinating the activities of employees in the local medical unit which includes, but is not limited to, doctors, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, emergency medical technicians, and medical records technicians.
• Provides orientation and training to health service employees; manages the assigned budget and staff to include recruitment; determines assignments and working schedules of staff; develops policies and guidelines for office management and program operations at the local unit; coordinates the purchasing of supplies and equipment for the unit, equipment repairs, and the processing of hospital and physician charges incurred from outside sources.
• Coordinates the delivery of health care services to inmates; serves as liaison between the local medical unit, facility security, and the central Medical Services Division; and conducts sanitation inspections.
• Responsible for ensuring that health records, reports, and other medical information conforms to prescribed standards; ensures that all required reports are submitted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of the principles and practices of public health administration; of budget preparation and planning; of primary health care programs and practices; of personnel practices; of management techniques and practices; of the control and prevention of major health problems. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of general administration or professional health care experience, or an equivalent .combination of education and experience.
Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of professional health care administration or professional health care experience, and two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Job Code: 8340-8342 DOC Pay Grade: 11, 12, 13 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 08-01-02
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.