DO NOT submit an application for this position to Human Capital Management!
To apply, please follow the directions below:
Job posting- #12-031. The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the IT division for an IT Manager. Salary: $60,000 to $75,000. This position is open until filled, submit resumes to:
Oklahoma Insurance Department
Attn: Human Resources
This is a management level position with the primary responsibility involving the management and oversight of information systems, applications development, systems maintenance, computer operations. This includes supervising, directing, planning and organizing staff activities and information services operations to meet the various business needs of OID, working with other agency managers and administrators to identify various requirements for computer operating systems, developing plans for the enhancement of current systems or development of new systems, directing staff activities in the completion of various projects, preparing budgets to meet the agency’s need for information services and similar activities which focus on broad issues related to requirements for computer services and operating systems.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, organizes and directs activities of work units and staff involved in the design, development, operation and maintenance of computer operating systems and data processing functions; coordinates data processing and computer services activities with other sections and divisions as needed.
• Consults with users to identify data processing requirements; directs assigned staff in the development of new applications, databases or systems operations; makes recommendations on the purchase of new equipment or software.
• Reviews output, project reports, systems documentation, service requests and other information to evaluate systems performance, requirements for new applications; works with staff to design and develop required systems.
• Reviews and evaluates technical literature and other information concerning changes in technology; participates in long-range planning to evaluate costs, availability, alternatives and other factors.
• Plans IT programs and projects; prepares a program of work and budget for the IT Division. Develops and implements special projects.
• Supervises and directs Information Technology staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This position consists of individuals who are first level managers with responsibility for direction and coordination of multiple units, shifts or functions involved in computer operations or network administration and other related functions and activities, including the supervision of positions or functions within the assigned area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Required at this level consist of knowledge of computer operating systems and telecommunications networks; of design specifications for applications development; of systems development requirements and procedures; of data processing hardware and software functions, capabilities and interrelationships; of agency standards and procedures; of data bases and security requirements; of documentation standards for information technology systems; and of supervisory principles and practices. Ability is required to direct the work of others; to plan and organize; to coordinate activities within and between work units; to assess and evaluate the operation and performance of computer systems; to communicate effectively; and to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requirements at this level consist of five years of experience in computer or network operations, production control, programming or computer analysis, including two years in a supervisory, team leader or project manager capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference will be given to candidates who also have experience with programming language and data conversion processes (coding and mapping).
Additional Requirements: Must be willing to complete additional or continuing education for customer service and/or insurance-related topics provided by the Department. MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Oklahoma Office of Personnel Management benefits page at http://www.ok.gov/opm/HR_and_Employee_Services/index.html