|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||12/11/2012 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/11/2013 2:31:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services, Information Services Division is seeking an experienced Computer Analyst/Programmer to provide information technology services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services located in Oklahoma City. This is a full-time, unclassified position in state government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn three weeks paid annual and three weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement. Benefits Packet
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining critical web-based applications. This position has specific responsibilities to the agency’s direct cost allocation system, foster care donations system, and settlement agreements system.
• Develops new customized user-oriented, web-based front-end and back-end applications, and/or functions, interfaces, queries or reports as required to meet user needs, using PHP and DB2/SQL.
• Participates in the migration of legacy applications; replacing Cobol 'green-screen' apps and WebSphere J2EE apps with PHP and DB2/SQL.
• Tests and debugs applications over the entire application lifecycle, to include identifying and correcting errors and issues that arise in a broad range of systems
• Prepares and improvse written documentation of overall systems, programs, and procedures describing the functions and use of both existing and new custom computer programs.
• Reviews and analyzes organization business needs; confers with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions and develop plan of approach.
• Analyzes and designs program logic, screen layouts, reports, station criteria and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems; evaluates prototypes, design techniques, tools and instructional methods.
• Performs all aspects of systems design including writing required programs, testing and evaluation of new processes and implementation of new applications; writes, tests, debugs and documents software.
• Prepares development request documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications; translates into detailed functional requirements, technical designs and specifications.
• Conducts or coordinates user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing; makes changes and corrections as needed.
• Participates in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems and provide training and support; provides technical assistance, instruction and training to lower-level staff.
• Performs ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs; identifies problems and develops appropriate solutions.
• Participates in the planning, design, development, integration and implementation of software and technology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of computer technology.
• Knowledge of programming languages.
• Knowledge of coding processes and security measures.
• Knowledge of specific agency functions and business needs.
• Knowledge of changes in computer technology and specific applications systems.
• Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations affecting the business needs of the organization.
• Ability to review and translate specifications to write programs to produce desired results.
• Ability to develop and use appropriate testing protocols.
• Ability to use and interpret technical manuals and publications.
• Ability is required to review and analyze user requests and other information and design appropriate programs and systems.
• Ability to perform a wide range of programming and analysis work and to work independently.
• Ability to learn to develop forms, screens, reports and programs in PHP is crucial. We expect expert level abilities in development and enhancement within PHP (Zend framework with Smarty) and DB2/SQL. Coding in DB2/SQL may include database design and optimization.
• Ability to adhere to our unit's defined 'look and feel', providing (ADA) accessible page layout, design and the entire coding of applications.
• Ability to produce clean, reusable, well-documented code using classes and libraries and to our standards.
• Ability to adhere to established coding practices.
This position has no supervisory duties, but the incumbent must assist junior level staff.
Completion of twelve semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work at an accredited college or university; or completion of a minimum of 156 hours of vocational or technical education courses resulting in certification in applications development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in applications development for the required education. Three years of experience in applications development and analysis work is also required.
Preference may be given to candidates who possess the following:
• Understanding of SVN source control is a plus.
• Other programming experience (C/C++, COBOL, J2EE).
• Experience writing and modifying HTML using prescribed external CSS files.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.