|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||12/11/2012 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/11/2013 12:06:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services, Information Services Division is seeking an experienced Information Services Coordinator to provide information technology services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services located in Oklahoma City. This is a full-time, unclassified position in state government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn three weeks paid annual and three weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement. Benefits Packet
The purpose of this position is to run jobs, print and distribute checks and reports, work with other state agencies on the transfer of data, take Help Desk calls, and maintain operations procedures.
• Monitor and respond to system messages requiring operator intervention.
• Perform routine operation functions including submitting jobs, checking backup media for expiration, managing job/output queues, generating and distributing reports.
• Monitor backup jobs and perform tape duplication for off-site.
• Assist with service calls.
• Provide level one help desk and/or forward to level two.
• Confers with users or reviews requests for services or other information to identify requirements for information services; coordinates with operations or applications staff, contractors, or vendors as needed to provide required services or support.
• Coordinates requirements for testing, production, scheduling and other actions between technical and operations units; assists in reviewing and analyzing problems and determining solutions.
• Obtains various types of information and reports using existing programs and systems; consults with appropriate operations or applications staff to identify needs for reports or other production requirements; provides assistance in identifying available services and providing coordination between users and information services staff.
• Maintains an inventory of management information services equipment, supplies and materials; reviews technical publications and other information to identify new technology and improvements in hardware or software; makes recommendations concerning new purchases, changes in contracts or other actions; prepares and coordinates purchase orders, contracts and other documents as required.
• Provides training and assistance to users on various types of software and hardware; coordinates with technical staff when problems require additional analysis or assistance.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of computer operating systems and related equipment.
• Knowledge of technical terminology.
• Knowledge of modern office practices related to the use of management information systems.
• Knowledge of specific user requirements and environment.
• Knowledge of program objectives.
• Knowledge of various production needs.
• Knowledge of the computer operating system and various applications available.
• Knowledge of organizing and planning techniques.
• Ability to gather, organize and present data.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to translate user terminology to and from management information systems terminology.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in computer operations, production scheduling, network administration, the coordination of information systems services, or closely related work for each year of the required education. One year of qualifying experience in performing work involving the coordination or completion of various tasks or activities related to providing information services and computer support to meet user requirements is also required.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.