|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||12/12/2012 9:05:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/14/2013 08:45:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
DO NOT submit an application for this position to Human Capital Management!
To apply, please follow the directions below:
Send Resume to:
Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Dept.
Human Resources Division
120 N. Robinson, Suite 600
OKC, OK 73102
Travel Promotion Division located in the First National Center
The Web Graphics and UI Designer is involved with the graphical aspects of OTRD websites. Understands the target audience and how best to reach that audience through graphical design and effective layout of content on the website. Creates and develops new visual interfaces that enhance the current website design as well as digital advertising materials and eNewsletter layouts. This position requires a focused self-starter comfortable working with a team as well as individually.
• Participates in brainstorming and discussions about the development of new website, functionality, pages or sections
• Makes web layout enhancements as requested
• Takes designs from concept through the creation of mock-ups and slices them after approval for implementation by OTRD web developers
• Develops and delivers front end design assets including but not limited to ads, animations, logos, icons, headers, buttons, banners, flash creatives and images.
• Creates ad units for use on OTRD websites by advertisers as well as units to be used by OTRD on third-party sites
• Develops visuals and lays out OTRD eNewsletters
• Uses appropriate compression methods to deliver fast load times
• Conceptualizes and delivers creative solutions which are in line with OTRD marketing strategy
• Maintains image resource files
• Proactively offers unique design and UI suggestions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop CS
• Working knowledge of how HTML, CSS and web graphics work together
• Working knowledge of flash and banner or video ad creation
• Strong time management skills with the ability to manage several concurrent projects and deliver against tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge of responsive website design for delivery on mobile, tablet and desktop platforms is preferred
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and job related work experience.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.