DO NOT submit an application for this position to Human Capital Management!
To apply, please follow the directions below:
If you feel you meet these qualifications, contact the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission by sending your resume, a brief letter stating why you feel you are qualified and at least three professional references to:
Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission
120 N. Robinson Ave., Suite 1244W
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102
The Commission's mission is to promote aviation, which includes fostering the growth and safety of the state's publicly owned public-use airports. This position will report to and assist the Airport Planning Division Manager as assigned in the performance of planning and programming airport improvement projects that will be funded with federal and state funds; work directly with airport sponsors to meet the Federal Aviation Administration’s standards, policies, and procedures; and administer various aviation programs.
• Working directly with airport sponsors, FAA, and the Commission staff, the selected person will solicit, collect, update, and distribute airport planning and programming information including, but not limited to, early project development packets, Airport five-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS) needs lists.
• Conduct obstruction evaluations and prepare related documents in accordance with the Aircraft Pilot and Passenger Protection Act.
• Conduct 5010-1 Master Record updates and Safety and Standards inspections for public-use airports in Oklahoma.
• Conduct a review of the functional classification, based aircraft, and IFR traffic for airports in the Oklahoma Airport System Plan.
• Coordinate the Self-Certification program and the Environmental Pilot project for all NPIAS airports.
• Coordinate the production of the Aeronautical Charts and Airport Directory for Oklahoma.
• Any other task the Director of Aeronautics requests.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in aviation management, aviation logistics or a related aviation field (a private pilot’s license is a plus).
Computer and Communication Skills:
Proficient computer, written and verbal communication skills.
The Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.