Basic Purpose: Receive, store and issue property for the Oklahoma Military Department; List and value property for disposal thru the State’s Surplus Property system; Load, transport and transfer Surplus Property; Organize vehicle maintenance and expenditure logs and prepare vehicle reports; Organize and code vehicle and equipment charges for monthly reconciliation and payment.
• Utilize Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets, as well as web-based or e-mail communications to process fleet and property transactions and record keeping.
• Receive deliveries of supplies and equipment; verifies shipping documents against invoices and other data for the Oklahoma Military Department
• Accept, store, track, load, transport and transfer surplus property.
• File completed records, process monthly reports, process and file receipts, as well as property issue and turn in forms.
• Prepares listings of property, including description, quantity, government acquisition cost, nomenclature, size, serial number, weight and method of packing supplies.
• Loads equipment and property on transport vehicle and transports equipment to Property Distribution or to the property recipient.
• Performing other warehouse or fleet management type duties as required.
• Operating fork lift and one ton stake bed delivery truck with trailer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Requirements include knowledge of surplus property accountability and utilization practices; of the inspection, evaluation and determination of utility of surplus property; of the equipment, tools, fixtures and related items in normal use by Military, Facility Management and other governmental institutions and agencies; of warehousing, packaging and transportation of a variety of items; and of business English and arithmetic. Ability is required to understand complex rules and regulations; to operate and maintain various types of heavy and light equipment used in the loading, unloading and transport of property obtained; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience: Two years of experience in commercial or governmental property operations; or two years of experience in commercial or governmental fleet or equipment management operations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting the successful completion of thirty semester hours of college course work for each year of the experience, with a maximum substitution of two years. In order to verify educational requirements, you MUST attach a copy of an official college transcript with your application package.
Licenses/Certificates required: Valid Drivers Licence.
Benefits: This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee and 75% paid health insurance for dependents. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
• Able to lift/carry a minimum of 40 pounds.
• Able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Able to work in all weather conditions.
Conditions of Employment:
• Unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable background check
• Contingent on passing a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Considered essential personnel (work during inclement weather)
• Available to work if called in due to an emergency
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
• Nac-I – CAC for computer access
Notes: This position is located in Oklahoma City, OK.
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access. This position requires travel in and out of state with overnight stays. Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.