A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
• Plans, designs and coordinates various telecommunications or computer networks or operating systems to provide radio, telephone or computer operating systems to support agency operations.
• Performs professional and technical work in providing data processing and other communications services; establishes and maintains computer services and radio communications networks and systems; performs preventive maintenance; evaluates systems performance, responds to malfunctions and operating problems, and identifies and resolves causes.
• Confers with users to identify communications or computer support requirements; coordinates with vendors, contractors, in-house technical staff or others to plan, design and implement new applications, modifications or improvements as needed; provides training and assistance to users in the operation and application of available systems.
• Installs, tests and modifies telephone, radio microwave, cable facilities, paging, personal computers, software, operating systems, and other communication and automation devices and components; coordinates and performs systems tests; adjusts, calibrates and modifies equipment or components to conform to specifications, implement engineering or software changes or enhance systems performance.
• Develops telecommunications or information technology strategies, recommendations and plans for the procurement of new technologies or equipment; conducts cost studies and participates in the preparation of budget work plans.
• Configures and maintains Windows servers.
• Maintains network printing and scanning services.
• Works with other systems analysts, programmers, technicians, and top-level managers in the design, testing and evaluation of systems. Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, and make purchase recommendations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of telecommunications, networks, computer operating systems, radio communications or other electronics systems.
• Knowledge of installation and repair techniques for data processing and telecommunications equipment and associated devices.
• Knowledge of microcomputers and related equipment and software.
• Knowledge of procedures for testing telecommunications equipment.
• Knowledge of office automation systems.
• Knowledge of radio transmitting and receiving devices.
• Knowledge of rules and regulations concerning the use of telecommunications systems and of procedures for analyzing and resolving systems operating problems.
• Ability to install and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment.
• Ability to provide training and assistance to users.
• Ability to analyze and resolve systems problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to work independently and perform a wide range of tasks and activities in administering a telecommunications network or operating system.
Requirements include two years of experience in telecommunications or computer installation, maintenance, repair or operations or an equivalent combination of education and experience.