DO NOT submit an application for this position to Human Capital Management!
To apply, please follow the directions below:
Send resume, a 500-1000 word writing sample, and a cover letter including current contact information to:
Human Resources Division
Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department
120 N. Robinson, Suite #600, Oklahoma City, OK 73102.
Under the supervision of the Digital Content Editor, maintains current information about restaurants, lodging properties, attractions, events and industry contacts in the TravelOK.com database as assigned. Makes outbound calls to collect information used to create new listings or to enrich existing listings. Writes site content such as articles, photo captions and video descriptions as assigned.
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
• Researching and making updates to the TravelOK.com database of information about restaurants, lodging properties, attractions, events and industry contacts.
• Verifying that database listings conform to OTRD’s criteria for inclusion.
• Editing information submitted by industry members through the data engine to ensure accuracy, adherence to criteria and grammatical correctness.
• Writing and reviewing articles, photo captions and video descriptions to ensure that text is accurate and that only current information is presented on the site. May review and approve user-generated content such as photos, videos, vacation stories and comments.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Type at least 40 wpm accurately; experience using Excel and Word; outstanding spelling and grammar skills; attention to detail and ability to concentrate for long periods of time; good oral communication skills; ability to build and maintain relationships with tourism industry members; the ability to manage projects and work independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in journalism, communications, English or other program with emphasis on written communication skills and at least two years experience using Excel and Word.
Salary: $33,000.00 Annually plus benefits