A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled. We are seeking a full time, unclassified IT Network Administrator for the Information Services Division for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation in Oklahoma City. We offer a comprehensive Benefits Packet, and a competitive annual salary of up to $68,000.00 depending on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to perform functions related to management and maintenance of networks, perform router and VLAN configuration and testing, responsible for programming and configuring firewalls on a multilayered network infrastructure, ability to plan, organize and direct activities of network design and implementation projects, ability to analyze and troubleshoot network issues, ability to evaluate network security and recommends enhancements, perform network hardware inventory, performs proactive network evaluation and manages routers, layer 3 switches, VPN connections, wireless, and WAN service providers as needed. Responsible for analyzing, developing, and managing IT security policy, standards, best practices, and procedures to ensure appropriate level of data and information security.
• Plans, develops and implements radio, telephone, computer or other telecommunications or information technology programs and networks for an agency or for multiple agencies under the state telecommunications plan; establishes and projects systems requirements; develops long-range plans, and determines staffing, budget and other requirements.
• Confers with agency users, representatives of other agencies and political subdivisions and others to determine requirements for radio, telephone, computer and other telecommunications services; coordinates requirements with technical staff, contractors, vendors or others as needed to develop a plan of approach and provide for implementation of required tasks and activities.
• Directs and reviews competitive bidding and other requirements for the procurement of communications equipment, preparation of specifications, completion of selection process and other actions; supervises the billing process for telecommunications changes, accounting, chargeback and auditing activities.
• Serves as liaison with contractors, telephone companies, and others providing telecommunications goods and services; monitors purchasing, leasing and rental of equipment and services.
• Develops and directs training programs for both staff and volunteer personnel; conducts periodic tests and exercises of telecommunications networks.
• Represents the agency or state at national, professional or other meetings or functions concerning telecommunications requirements and activities.
• Other assigned duties.
This position will not have supervisory responsibilities.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in an IT Related Field and minimum of one year of information technology experience;
• An equivalent combination of education and experience
Preference may be given to individuals who possess the following:
Knowledge of firewalls, routers, layer 3 switches, VPN Appliances, intrusion detection devices and prior experience in the design, development, and implementation of information technology networks supporting critical 24/7 operations.