DO NOT submit an application for this position to Human Capital Management!
To apply, please follow the directions below:
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter with contact information, and a copy of your most recent evaluation (if applicable) to:
OKLAHOMA CORPORATION COMMISSION, P.O. Box 52000, Oklahoma City, OK 73152-2000, fax to 405.521.6045, or email to HR1@occemail.com prior to the closing date and time specified below. If you need assistance for an interview, please call 405.521.3596.
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 2013- 68/CLJ OCC PIN NUMBER: 18500455 NO. OF VACANCIES: 1
JOB TITLE: INTERNAL AUDITOR/CPA CODE: 5053
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 – 60,000
POSTING DATE & TIME: January 14, 2013 8:00 a.m.
CLOSING DATE & TIME: February 4, 2013 4:30 p.m.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Administration/Appointing Authority
LOCATION OF WORK: Jim Thorpe Building Oklahoma City, OK
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance business or public administration AND five (5) years of experience in governmental accounting and/or auditing.
NOTE: REGISTRATION AS A CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT (CPA) IS REQUIRED, and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred.
TYPICAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITES:
• Analyzes data for internal audits/ works with staff to imporve the adequacy and effectiveness of systems of internal accounting and operating controls for the purpse of ensuring compliance with prescribed auditing standards.
• Researches discrepencies of financial information and/or documnetation for the purpose of reaching resolutions, ensuring accuracy of dta and complying with established procedures.
• Reviews the reliability oand ingegrity of financial information and the means used to identify, measure, classify and report such information.
• Reviews the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verifies the existence of such assets.
• Prepares yearly audit plan and audit programs; reviews operations and programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and wheter the operations or programs are being carried out as planned. Evaluates any plans or actions taken to correct reported conditions for satisfactory disposition of audit findings.
• Assesses risk with management in order to establish which areas require a higher priority of review.
• Provides division response to inquiries and requests for information from the legislature, industry and general public.
APPLICANT SOURCE: ALL SOURCES