|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||1/18/2013 8:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/1/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Business Analyst for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the agency Information Systems. The Business Analyst will design and document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. The IT Business Analyst will be the functional expert on the specified application(s) and will be the sole point of contact between the business unit and Information System Application Development Specialist.
• Provide functional support for the agency information systems.
• Interact with the stakeholders to define and install the appropriate Information System.
• Receive, resolve and distribute multiple communications to the user community.
• Assist with developing training manuals, documentation, schedules and distribute to the user groups.
• Direct development and distribution of functional process improvement and changes to assist users in system utilization and functionality.
• Knowledgeable in quality practices
• Strong management skill set to include, but not limited to, conflict resolution, meeting direction, interpersonal relationship building, team building, and objective prioritization.
• Create functional specifications for agency Information Systems.
• Test programming changes to verify adherence to the functional specifications
• Works closely with IT personnel and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service and/or program business processes
• Reviews, analyzes, and creates detailed documentation of information systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
• Coordinates the development of all approved versions of the functional specifications for specified applications.
• Reviews use cases and other technical documents with IT project staff to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
• Perform related work as required and assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not supervise personnel.
Position requirements include Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Science or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or five (5) years of significant experience in business analyst functions related to information technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
Experience gathering, analysis and specification development.
Experience in designs and documenting workflow.
Excellent documentation skills.
Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of business analyst.
Solid aptitude and effective project management skills.
Experience in documenting complex processes.
Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.