A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Applications Development Specialist for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Health Care Authority. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Designs, modifies, writes and tests web applications using the .NET technologies.
• Designs, modifies, writes and tests client/server applications using the .NET technologies.
• Designs, modifies, writes and tests windows services using the .NET technologies.
• Develops process/system design alternatives for major portions of systems being analyzed.
• Studies feasibility of proposed software applications or systems modifications by identifying potential requirements and system restrictions to guide project development.
• Design output formats and user formats as dictated by user specification and established procedure to ensure ease of use and functionality.
• Design databases using SQL 2000/2005 per department guidelines to expedite the storage and retrieval of information within services and applications.
• Create stored procedures using SQL 2000/2005 per department guidelines to reduce client/server traffic, boost server performance, and enhance security controls.
• Develop requirements document by way of communicating with the end users as well as documentation for configuration and installation of .NET applications and SQL databases.
• Uses SourceSafe 2005 to ensure code integrity.
• Communicate with Tech Writer to develop user manuals.
• Assists in Internet Information Services administration.
• Assists in Source Safe administration.
• Research emergent technologies by attending conferences, reading literature, and other professional resources to identify and incorporate relevant techniques or theories to existing agency structures using own discretion and limited oversight.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with 24 hours in computer science; or four years of web application development, including database design for database management system; or an equivalent combination of education and experience to equal four years.