The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Information Services Coordinator to provide IT services to the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
This position serves as an administrator on WAN and LAN servers and provides technical software and hardware support and upkeep of servers, printers and computers As a server/computer tech, this person establishes and maintains computer service to remote offices; performs preventative maintenance; evaluates systems performance; responds to malfunctions and operating problems; identifies and resolves causes; provides support to WAN for distribution of configurations and applications, deploys new offices, installs servers and other equipment. This position ensures that remote systems and networks are functional and is a first responder to any remote server failures. Travel to remote sites within the state are a regular occurrence, most during office hours but it may require overnight stays at times. If a rollout is involved, it may require more than one night stay on the road.
• Confers with users or reviews requests for services or other information to identify requirements for information services; coordinates with operations or applications staff, contractors, or vendors as needed to provide required services or support.
• Coordinates requirements for testing, production, scheduling and other actions between technical and operations units; assists in reviewing and analyzing problems and determining solutions.
• Obtains various types of information and reports using existing programs and systems; consults with appropriate operations or applications staff to identify needs for reports or other production requirements; provides assistance in identifying available services and providing coordination between users and information services staff.
• Maintains an inventory of management information services equipment, supplies and materials; reviews technical publications and other information to identify new technology and improvements in hardware or software; makes recommendations concerning new purchases, changes in contracts or other actions; prepares and coordinates purchase orders, contracts and other documents as required.
• Provides training and assistance to users on various types of software and hardware; coordinates with technical staff when problems require additional analysis or assistance.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in computer operations, production scheduling, network administration, the coordination of information systems services, or closely related work for each year of the required education. Two years of qualifying experience in performing work involving the coordination or completion of various tasks or activities related to providing information services and computer support to meet user requirements is also required.
Preference will be given to candidates willing to work evening and weekends.