A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Program Manager for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a comprehensive Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
In support of the Open Range shared IT services initiative and under general supervision; the Program Manager is responsible for the Project Management, Customer Relationship Management and Marketing functions. The Program Manager will be responsible for administering and overseeing creation and execution of projects implementing information technology efficiencies within a wide range of applications. Working with other cross-functional team members, perform project tasks such as development and management of work plans, define and deliver individual project deliverables as part of the overall program deliverables, manage the expectations of all stake holders, organize and address emerging project requirements, manage project relationships, manage one or more project teams in delivering projects, and communicate/manage tasks and activities to a schedule with the team. The Program Manager will be responsible for the project lifecycle as based upon PMBOK standards. Partnering with ISD specialists, achieve customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare/complete actions plans, quality, and customer-service standards. Determine customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting operations environments; conducting surveys; forming focus groups; benchmarking best practices; and analyzing information and applications.
• Develop and maintain project plans and schedules and all associated process, procedure, standards and guidelines documentation for functional and optimization activities.
• Develop Proposals, Estimates and Return on Investment documents for projects. Including project staffing, software requirements, training requirements, hardware requirements, etc.
• Lead and direct a team of technical and non-technical staff in the development of training plans, testing plans, functional requirement documents, security plans, detail design documents and implementation plans.
• Perform the monitoring, controlling and reporting of all project activities, statuses and risks to senior level management on a weekly basis and executive level on a monthly basis.
• Develop project task plans, track resource hours and contract expenditures, monitor the project task plans, elevate appropriately 'red flag' issues, develop contingency plans, maintain change management documentation.
• Confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions and develop plan of approach.
• Effectively manage, and where necessary coach, direct reports, project team resources and external vendor resources.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and other key stakeholders; exercise tact, courtesy and initiative.
• Provide in-depth consultations with business customers and IT management to ensure development of efficient offerings.
• Develop strong relationships with both the business community and the IT organization
• Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
• Develop and deliver insightful presentations and strategies to the business unit and executives.
• Design, implement and facilitate annual marketing plan.
• Support and facilitate development and implementation of section business/marketing plans.
• Translate business unit objectives and strategies to develop brand portfolio objectives, strategies and plans to facilitate business unit growth.
• Develops marketing strategy, based on knowledge of established policy, nature of market, copyright and royalty requirements, and cost and markup factors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• In State travel required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not supervise personnel.
Position requirements include Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Science or an appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or five (5) years of significant experience in business analyst functions related to information technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
PREFERENCE may be given to applicants who possess the following:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Strong management skill set to include, but not limited to, conflict resolution, meeting direction, interpersonal relationship building, team building, and objective prioritization
• Experience with planning and implementing large scale projects
• Able to demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, in both verbal and written communications
• Must be able to show initiative and flexibility in a dynamic environment
• Knowledge of K-12 Education
• Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
• Previous customer service/account management skills relating to an IT environment
• Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
• Experience with new media and current marketing trends
• Entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach