|Date Opened||2/5/2013 8:40:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/19/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Basic Purpose: This position is responsible for the daily food preparation for cadets attending Thunderbird Youth Academy of three meals per day, seven days per week. This includes maintaining clean and sanitary work, preparation and serving areas.
• Under direct supervision, prepares foods, salads, and desserts; cooks or bakes as directed by the master menu
• Cleans and prepares foods using tools such as knives, slicers, and peelers and commercial equipment such as ovens and steamers
• Follows written orders including recipes and dietary instructions
• Operates dishwasher and buffers
• Removes refuse from kitchen area; sweeps, mops, and scrubs kitchen, dining and storage areas
• Labels, loads, and delivers food products; defrosts and cleans refrigeration units and other equipment as directed
• Responsible for preparing and serving meals to cadets and cadre using items for cooking and baking, cutting and preparing meat, poultry or fish
• Responsible for performing highly skilled work involving the operation of an institutional food service unit for up to 225 people per meal
• Make recommendations for future food needs, receive and store food and assist with serving food. Interprets recipes and follows modified diet plans
• Maintains necessary records and prepares required reports
• Attend staff meetings as required and attends training as scheduled
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability is required to carry out routine tasks to completion; to follow oral and written instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Education and Experience: Minimum of six (6) months in a commercial or institutional food service operation or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Licenses/Certificates required: Valid Oklahoma Driver’s license and ability to obtain a Food handler’s permit
Benefits: This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee and 75% paid health insurance for dependents. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
Conditions of Employment:
• Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable background check
• Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Employee will be considered essential personnel (required to work during inclement weather)
• Available to work if called in due to an emergency
• Shift work and working weekends (facility open 24 hours, 7 days a week)
• Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License
Notes: This position is located at Thunderbird Youth Academy in Pryor, OK. Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.