|Date Opened||2/5/2013 8:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/19/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$2218.08 - $2318.08/month|
|Full or Part Time||
Basic Purpose: This position is responsible for conducting individual and group counseling sessions for the programs youth.
• Under supervision of the Lead counselor, conduct individual and group counseling sessions to help identify life/career goals and help with retention of cadets
• Provide individual counseling and group guidance in the areas of life coping skills, drug and alcohol education, character education, as well as individual/personal issues
• Coordinate and schedule guest speakers and field trips appropriate to counseling group subject matter
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to handle confidential information; exercise sound judgment in interpreting and applying rules or policy. Internet and computer skills for program database entry.
Education and Experience: BA/BS in counseling, education or related field required. Masters and Licensure (LPC/LBP) preferred
Licenses/Certificates required: LPC/LBP preferred
Benefits: This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee and 75% paid health insurance for dependents. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
Conditions of Employment:
• Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable background check
• Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License
Notes: This position is located at Thunderbird Youth Academy in Pryor, OK. Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.