|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||2/11/2013 9:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/16/2013 2:06:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time .NET Developer for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma Water Resources Board. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. In addition to a generous Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is between $47,000 - $52,000, based on education and experience.
• Confer with users to evaluate requirements. Discuss solutions and develop plan of approach.
• Analyze and design program logic, screen layouts, reports and testing criteria to support development of new of enhancers systems.
• Prepare program documentation to support new of enhanced systems and applications.
• Conduct or coordinate user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing; make changes and corrections as needed.
• Participate in structured walk-through and other activities to review systems and provide training and support.
• Perform ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs
• Perform related work as required and assigned.
Requirements include completion of 18 hours of computer science/management information systems course work at an accredited college or university (or a comparable vocational or technical education resulting in certification in computer programming) and one year of experience designing and developing web applications; or a bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in computer programming; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one additional year of experience for six hours of required education.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
• Solid Object Oriented programming skills with C# and Visual Basic.
• Experience in developing reporting tools in .NET utilizing Crystal Reports or other reporting technologies.
• Designing application database schemas.
• SQL query design and Oracle PL/SQL
• IIS, Team Foundation Server, and Apache administration skills a plus.
• Programming documentation skills.
• Develop high-level and detail design specifications
• Ability to perform requirements gathering, analysis, specification, and quality assurance.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.