|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||8/8/2013 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/15/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||up to $39,600 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Employees Group Insurance Division is seeking a full time Member Services Representative for our Oklahoma City location. This is an Unclassified position within Oklahoma State Government. In addition to a generous Benefits Packet the annual salary for this position is up to $39,600 based on education and experience.
This position is considered a plan liaison to employers, employees and categories of former employees, dependents or survivors. Provides guidance through individual and group enrollments, membership rules and benefits information to eligible jurisdictions. In the accepting of an assignment of participating employers, is responsible for establishing and maintaining contact with both external and internal customers concerning eligibility, member or agency processes to access benefits or problem resolution or training coordinators on qualifications for membership. As a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services contracted employer prescription plan, federal or state laws, industry practice and Rules of the plan are enforced.
• Provides authoritative oral and written responses to inquiries from all sources on eligibility, enrollment, change and termination processes; insurance applications for retirement, vesting, survivor or COBRA continuation; premium reconciliation processes; plan benefits and issues; and service access for one or more insurance and benefit plans; makes oral presentations in group settings before members, and other authorities.
• Determines eligibility for participation for individuals; resolves problems on eligibility or plan benefits/claim issues for active, retired, vested, COBRA, disabled, survivor or Medicare Supplement member categories.
• Interprets or explains policies and procedures, including federal and state laws, and regulations, to prospective and participating member; contributes to policy changes as reflection of the federal or state legislation or regulation creating an impact to the plan or the membership.
• Maintains records of contacts with all sources, reviews records; prepares and analyzes statistical data; advises supervisors of significant changes and deviations from standards.
• Makes field visits to employer sites throughout the state for service to coordinators and members; performs insurance coordinator training at individual or group level, including all aspects of eligibility, enrollment and benefit processes, employee orientations and annual enrollments; presents insurance eligibility and benefits in pre-retirement sessions and to retired organizations meetings.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Minimum Qualifications: Four (4) years of experience in insurance related customer service position; or a bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or public administration; or a combination of education and experience.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.