SOCIAL WORKER I, CRIMINAL JUSTICE SERIES
Social Worker I-II, Criminal Justice
|Department||Department of Juvenile Services|
|Date Opened||4/10/2013 3:06:00 PM|
|Salary||I $53,431- $65,827/year, II $56,999.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
15 Social Worker I 16 Social Worker II
LOCATION OF POSITION
Current vacancy at the Noyes Children's Center in Rockville, MD
Main Purpose of Job
A Social Worker I, Criminal Justice and Social Worker II, Criminal Justice is the (I) intermediate level (II) full performance level of professional social work providing clinical and therapeutic social work services in behavioral health to the most clinically demanding of youth involved with the Department of Juvenile Services.
DJS recruits continuously to maintain a list of qualified applicants for the Social Work I-II, Criminal Justice position(s) to fill positions statewide. The social worker represents the behavioral health team in the detention facility completing forensic and placement assessments and recommending youth for services that will meet their needs, and provide crisis clinical services as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: (1) None; (II) Two years of experience providing clinical and therapeutic or other social work services through the application of the principles, methods and procedures of professional social work to clients requiring rehabilitative counseling.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a (I) graduate social worker, (I/II) certified social worker or certified social worker-clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the hiring department. Using the "Other" tab on the online application you must upload/submit with the online application a copy of current required license .
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2.Employees of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services and the Department of Juvenile Services must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services and the Department of Juvenile Services may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course certified by the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services and the Department of Juvenile Services are required to qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application and copy of your license to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of your license to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted: Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza, 120 W. Fayette St., Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax number 410-333-4188.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please, contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|