MSP PILOT I
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||10/27/2016 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,750.00 - $84,124.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jay Diggs|
LOCATION OF POSITION
3023 Strawberry Point Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21220
Main Purpose of Job
Performs searches, surveillance, photo missions, and other police missions and maintain confidentiality on police and Department related matters.
Responsible for the safe transport of victims, patients, equipment and medical personnel as required by protocol. Performs the duties and responsibilities of the Second-in-Command Pilot.
Responsible for operation of the aircraft both in the air and on the ground. Present during all ground handling operations. Responsible for having the proper type and amount of fuel on board the aircraft at all times.
Obtains a full weather briefing completing the Command’s weather information form in its entirety. Obtains as necessary, sufficient weather information to ensure that the original weather briefing is still valid. Makes recommendations to the Pilot-in-Command to accept or decline a mission on the basis of current and forecasted weather.
Completes the initial and recurrent training to M.S.P. Aviation Command standards. Completes flight operation logs, aircraft logs and other paperwork required by the Aviation Command and Maryland State Police. Assists in cleaning of aircraft, to include washing and waxing the aircraft. Ensures work areas are clean and presentable to the public at all times. Performs additional duties and tasks as prescribed by the Pilot-in-Command, Director of Flight Operations or the Commander of Aviation Command.
Experience: Twelve hundred helicopter flight hours as a FAA certificated pilot.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain FAA 2nd Class Medical certification.
3. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain an acceptable Instrument Helicopter Rating as determined by FAA regulations and as required by the MSP Aviation Command.
4. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Applicants for positions with the Department of Maryland State Police will be subject to a complete criminal background investigation and a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
2. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which will require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, applicants for such positions may be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in on a 24 hour basis, and therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
4. Employees in this classification must have access to an automobile for use on official business in the event a State vehicle cannot be provided. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for use of a privately owned vehicle.
5. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to: Maryland State Police Aviation Command 3023 Strawberry Point Road Baltimore, MD 21220 ATTN: Mr. Jay Diggs Jay.email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|