FINANCIAL DEPOSITORY EXAMINER TRAINEE
|Department||DLLR - Financial Regulation|
|Date Opened||4/11/2017 10:40:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/25/2017 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Ernestine Hyman|
The Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR)-Division of Financial Regulation is currently seeking an individual to function as a Financial Depository Examiner Trainee in the Banking Unit of the Office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation, and is accepting applications from qualified candidates. Financial Depository Examiner Trainee is the entry level of financial depository examination work.
LOCATION OF POSITION
500 N. Calvert St, Suite 402, Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Financial Depository Examiner Trainee is the entry level of financial examination. Examiners in this classification learn the examination function and process in all areas of depository financial institutions and trust companies for safety and soundness and compliance with laws and regulations, to protect the general public and promote integrity and confidence in the financial industries regulated by the Agency. This is a field position that requires overnight travel.
The Financial Depository Examiner Trainee is the entry level of financial examination work. The examiner learns to evaluate the institution's capital adequacy, earnings performance, liquidity, sensitivity to market risk, securities portfolio, other assets and liabilities, risk management, and compliance with laws and regulations.
1. Prepare schedules and work papers detailing the financial institution's balance sheet, income and expense statements, and cash flow for various interim periods to assess the financial conditions of the institution.
2. Evaluate various investments instruments, books and market values, cash flows, interest rate risk, restrictions and acceptability of investments.
3. Be trained on quarterly Off-Site Bank monitoring reviews and Risk Assessment Spread Sheets for assigned institutions.
4. Completes formal training by attending assigned schools, training courses, classes, and self-study programs with a passing/satisfactory rating.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, including or supplemented by a total of 24 credit hours in business administration, finance, economics, law or accounting. These credit hours must include a minimum of 6 credit hours in either accounting or auditing.
1. Applicants may substitute additional experience in examining the accounts, records and business practices of depository financial institutions or managerial or professional accounting or auditing work on a year for year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the financial management or auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate should have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Bank loan and accounting operational experience
- Securities and trust experience.
- Information Technology experience as it relates to financial banking transaction platforms, management information systems, IT service providers and cyber security.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification may be required to attend advanced formal training classes. The purpose of this training is to maintain professional, job specific proficiency and current knowledge. Some training classes are out-of-State and may require overnight stays.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. information submitted after this date will not be considered.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. A copy of your proof of eligibility (DD 214) for Veterans’ Credit must be in this office and completely verified before Veterans’ Credit will be approved. Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of eligibility for Veterans’ Credit.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: Ernestine Hyman 17-000227-0001
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Ernestine Hyman at 410-230-6298
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.