STATIONARY ENGINEER, FIRST GRADE
|Department||DLLR - Office of General Services|
|Date Opened||10/25/2017 12:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/23/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,046.00 - $45,994.00/Year|
|HR Analyst||Ernestine Hyman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- 24 hour shift coverage of building HVAC building systems to maintain good building temperatures for seven DLLR owned buildings.
- Perform preventive maintenance to all HVAC equipment related to climate control and make repairs to same when needed, (pumps, airhandlers, chillers and sump pumps).
- Clean coils in air handlers units to maintain optimum heat exchange. Cleans pumps, screens pipes, strainers and convectors. Keep records on equipment performance and fuel consumed. Perform maintenance to roof refrigeration equipment. Checks hourly on the HVAC systems, taking meter readings and observing all other indications of possible malfunctioning. Keeps records of materials and supplies used.
- Adjusts HVAC through energy management systems to control temperatures, humidity and circulation of air throughout building.
- Performs safety inspections to avoid systems damage to buildings systems.
Education: Completion of eighth grade.
Experience: Two years of experience in a boiler room facility tending a boiler.
1. Applicants may substitute additional licensed stationary engineering experience on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military experience as a non-commissioned officer in Steelworker classifications or Mechanical Maintenance specialty codes in the Metal Fabrication, Assembly, Installation, and Repair field of work on year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
High School Diploma
Experience in a boiler room facility tending a boiler
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (DLLR/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to DLLR/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
1. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which will require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, applicants for such positions will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to random substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: Ernestine Hyman -17-000287-0006
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For further questions regarding this job announcement please contact Ernestine Hyman at 410-230-6298 or via email at Ernestine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.