**REPOSTED** WEBMASTER SUPERVISOR
Information Technology Division
|Department||COMP Controller IT Services|
|Date Opened||4/18/2017 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/2/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,193.00 - $85,401.00/year|
|HR Analyst||April Hall|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
We are seeking a qualified Webmaster Supervisor within our Web Solutions Unit. The Webmaster Supervisor will lead a team responsible for planning, analysis, design, architecture, development, implementation, administration and support of Comptroller of Maryland web sites, content and document management, related systems, software and hosting environments.
PLEASE NOTE: All ITD employees are available for on-call support. As such, this position is required to occasionally work an off-hour schedule, weekdays prior to 7:30 a.m. and / or after 5:00 p.m., weekends, and holidays.
Education: Possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university in Web Development, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in web page design, development and programming.
Experience: Two years of experience in web page design, development and programming.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and an additional eighteen months of experience using software which converts other documents into web pages; or using web page developmental software; or writing HTML code; or converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using computer programming languages; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or operating, manipulating, and controlling computer systems may be substituted for the required education.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and completion of an approved certification program for Web Professionals sufficient to provide the necessary skills to build and manage an organization’s web site and to coordinate with inside and outside resources to accomplish that organization’s web goals may be substituted for the required education.
- Additional experience in web page design, development and programming may be substituted for on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience installing, administering and configuring web content management systems (CMS) such as SharePoint, OpenText, Vignette, Wordpress or other;
- Experience developing branded publishing sites in SharePoint;
- Experience installing, administering and configuring document management systems such as CabinetSafe (CabinetNG), OpenText, or other.
- Experience administering and configuring Windows servers, web/application servers, and file systems.
- Experience with web project management, SDLC methodologies (such as waterfall or agile), requirements analysis, technical writing, and documentation deliverables.
- Experience with Java, Java servlets, Javabeans, struts, JVM/JDK/JRE and Eclipse IDE or NetBeans IDE.
- Experience with Transact SQL, relational databases, and database systems such as Microsoft SQL Server and MS SQL Management Studio (MSSMS).
- Experience working in an enterprise environment or data center.
- Experience as a content strategist or information architect; taxonomy, classification or term store systems.
- Experience as a web user interface (UI) developer (forms, templates, interfaces, wireframes, master pages, skins).
- Experience as a usability strategist (UX designer); responsive design; accessibility (Section 508, WCAG 2.0, PDFUI).
- Experience with advanced features of MS Project, MS Project Server, MS Excel, and MS Visio • Proficiency with graphic design software and code development tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (CS/CC) (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver), and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Strong interpersonal and written communications, supervisory and analytical skills.
- One year of experience building and administering websites hosted in a content management system (CMS).
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|