FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER I
Youth Services Coordinator
|Department||DHR - Charles County DSS|
|Date Opened||4/13/2017 9:50:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/27/2017 10:17:00 AM|
|Salary||$12.97 - $16.56/hour|
|HR Analyst||Thelma Smith|
This position is part-time and limited to current and contingent employees of Charles County Department of Social Services.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Charles County Department of Social Services
Family, Adult, and Children Services
200 Kent Ave
La Plata, MD 20646
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to work with the Independent Living Coordinator to develop and carry out a program of service for older youth (14-21) in foster care in Charles County. This position will promote a functional home environment and teach young adult clients involved in the foster care and in-home services programs how to make use of available community resources. This position functions as a member of a treatment or service team and may visit clients' homes, schools, and other community sites to develop and implement events, partnerships and supports designed to engage youth age 14-21 in skill and relationship development with each other, other youths and adults. This position will also work with the Charles County Department of Social Services (CCDSS) website coordinator to publish success stories and publish upcoming events relevant to the youth in care in Charles County.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience providing support services to children or adults through teaching and demonstrating practical living skills in order to promote and maintain independent living or assist in preserving the family structure.
1. Experience as defined above or in child or adult care giving may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
2. Nine college credits from an accredited college or university in a human service program or human development program such as child development, sociology, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, criminology, juvenile justice, human growth and development, human services, or mental health may be substituted for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to current and contingent employees of Charles County Department of Social Services.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Some positions in this classification may be assigned duties that require the incumbent to acquire and maintain a license as a Certified Nursing Assistant or a Geriatric Nursing Assistant from the Maryland Board of Nursing at 4201 Patterson Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21215. Information may be obtained at www.mbon.org/main.php. Obtaining this license within a specified time may be a condition of appointment or probation for these types of positions.
1. Family Support Workers who are working with families with dependent children must successfully complete an approved entry-level training program before being granted permanent status.
2. Employees appointed to positions in this classification may be required to have access to and use their personal automobile in order to transport clients. Verification of appropriate vehicle insurance, which shall include coverage for transporting clients, must be provided. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for the use of a privately owned vehicle.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. It is important that you report all related education and experience that is relevant to this recruitment qualifications. All information concerning your qualifications, including a copy of your diploma or transcripts must be provided if selected for an interview. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list. The resulting list may be used for future vacancies with this agency or other state agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.