FIRE SAFETY INSPECTOR I
|Department||MSP Fire Prevention Commission and Fire Marshal|
|Date Opened||3/23/2017 9:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/21/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,702.00 - $44,812.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Alyson Turner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
301 Bay Street, Lower Level
Easton MD 21601
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
1. Experience inspecting buildings and other places of public assembly for compliance with fire prevention and safety laws, codes and regulations may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Firefighter classifications or Firefighter specialty codes in the fire inspection field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience performing fire safety inspections in buildings with multiple uses.
Fire Safety Inspector certification.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle.
Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are assigned duties in a given service area of the State.
2. Candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening, a physical examination and a complete criminal background investigation before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction record may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
3. Employees in this classification must successfully meet the standards established by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 1031) for Fire Safety Inspector I prior to completion of the probationary period.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
Online application is strongly preferred. Applicants are limited to uploading one file, therefore please upload all required and additional documents as one file. If the online application process is not available you may submit a paper application (no resumes) by the closing date to:
Office of the State Fire Marshal
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Alyson Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
TTY users call Maryland Relay Service, 800-735-2258
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.