Land Management Administration
|Department||MDE - Land Management Administration|
|Date Opened||4/11/2017 7:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/26/2017 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358 - $53,431 w/progression to $65,827(State Salary Guidelines apply to State Employees)|
|HR Analyst||Peggie Jefferson|
This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment. This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The cert list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Land Management Administration
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
This is a statewide position that will assist in the implementation of the State Surface Mining Law by insuring that applications for mining permits, gas well drilling and reclamation are consistent with the rules, regulations and Departmental goals for the greatest feasible utilization of the State's non-coal mineral resources; protection of public health and safety, and prevention of adverse environmental impacts. This position will be required to work in the field as well as the headquarters office.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Geology, Environmental Geology or a related earth science.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in physical science classification or physical science specialty codes in the geology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in:
Environmental Analysis and Planning;
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. When assigned to an environmental program at the Department of the Environment, employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain certification as specified in the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration Regulations (Standards-29 CFR) 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response. Information about these regulations is available in the Human Resources Office of the Maryland Department of the Environment or may be obtained at the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Website.
1. Employees in this classification may be required to walk over rough or unstable terrain or over long distances while wearing personal protection equipment such as respiratory protection equipment.
2. Employees in this classification may be subject to ongoing medical testing in accordance with the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration Regulations (Standards - 29 CFR) 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response.
3. Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in on a twenty-four hour basis and, therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached or carry an electronic pager.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications and limitations for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Applicants that meet the qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for consideration of an interview/selection.
Only those candidates that demonstrate, in their applications, the required qualifications will be deemed qualified and referred.
Your application is part of the examination process. The assessment will be a rating of education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified and placed on the employment list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Education credentials and experience verification will be completed by the Appointing Authority. If you are scheduled to complete an education or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process, if one is required. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
The MD Department of the Environment does not sponsor individuals in the application of the H-1B Visa. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under the Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
It is STRONGLY preferred that you apply online. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and reference number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
Completed applications, required documentation, transcripts, and any required addendums may be mailed to Peggie Jefferson, Recruitment and Examination
Office of Human Resources MDE Reference Number: 17-001028-0001
1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21230
410-537-3879/email firstname.lastname@example.org Fax to 410-537-3966
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participated in the E-Verify Program.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting and promoting employees are reflective of the State's diversity.