Recovery and Mitigation Manager
|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||4/19/2017 7:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/3/2017 07:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$53,193.00 - $85,401.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Princess Neal-Washington|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Emergency Management Agency, MEMA, 5401 Rue Saint Lo Drive, Reisterstown, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for leading the State's Disaster Recovery mission area and program and the State's Hazard Mitigation Program, which includes the development and implementation of policies, plans and projects that reduce or eliminate the risk of loss of life, injury and property damage associated with hazard events.
Responsibilities include administration of Federal mitigation grant programs and oversight of the Federally mandated mitigation planning initiative. This position is responsible for coordinating and leading the State's Recovery Support Function Leadership Group and ensuring that successful disaster recovery planning occurs at the State and local levels. This includes close coordination with the Maryland Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters and the private sector.
This position operates within an on-call rotating schedule according to assignment within the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) to attend to all emergencies on a statewide 24/7 basis. The position also acts as a member of the Agency's leadership group.
Employees will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Planning.
Experience: Four years of experience in planning.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Regional Science, or Urban Affairs and one additional year of experience in planning for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Planning for the required education and one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Regional Science, or Urban Affairs and one additional year in planning for the required education for the required degree in Planning.
4. Candidates may substitute an additional Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Regional Science, or Urban Affairs for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute a Ph.D. from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Public Finance, Political Science, Sociology, Regional Science, or Urban Affairs for one year of the required experience.
6. Applicant may substitute a Ph.D. degree from an accredited college or university in Planning for the required education and two years of the required experience.
7. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Logistics, Urban Planning, Architect classifications or Logistics, Urban Planning, Architect specialty codes in the Architect field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Homeland Security or Emergency Management, or other relevant field.
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science in Finance (MSF), Master's in Accounting (MAcc) or other relevant graduate-level degree.
Experience managing federal grant programs, including monitoring federal grant-funded projects, specifically, 2 C.F.R. Part 200 compliance.
Experience developing disaster recovery plans or conducting recovery coordination.
This position requires strong and demonstrated communication, managerial, and leadership skills, as well as technical, presentation and planning skills.
The position also requires proficiency in the following: basic word processing, and document generating software, such as; Microsoft Word and Google Docs and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
This position is considered emergency essential, and supports emergency functions during times of heightened activity, including operating within an on-call , rotating schedule to attend to all emergencies on a statewide 24/7 basis, supporting the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC).
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of candidates eligible for hire.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF COMPLETING THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION.
Online application process is STRONGLY recommended.
The paper application must be received by 7:00 A.M., on the closing date of the recruitment.
No postmarks will be accepted.
If online access is unavailable, you may submit the paper application to:
Maryland Military Department
Fifth Regiment Armory
29th Division St.
Baltimore, MD 2 1201
For questions concerning this recruitment, please call 410-234-3838.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|