OFFICE CLERK II
Revenue Administration Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||4/19/2017 1:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/3/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25,502.00 - $39,574.00/year|
|HR Analyst||April Hall|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
The incumbent of this position will perform the function of scanning, rescanning, Data Verification, Original Entry and check processing of personal tax returns and check for the Revenue Administration Division and during peak filing season to assist in training temporary employees working the scanning and rescanning functions.
PLEASE NOTE: May be requested to work evenings and / or Saturdays during Tax Season. For the purpose of this statement, Tax Season shall be defined as the period beginning January 15th and closing May 15th. Employee must work 8-5 with an hour for lunch or 8;30 - 5:00 with an 1/2 hour for lunch.
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: One year experience performing clerical duties in an office environment.
- Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
- Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, data base, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
- Work may involve the lifting, carrying, transporting of tubs, trays, boxes, mail, packages, returns, etc. weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Transporting, lifting carrying of multiple tubs, trays, boxes, mail documents, etc. that may exceed 50 lbs using a cart to move them.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|