OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||3/7/2017 5:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/21/2017 6:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,048.00 - $42,102.00/year(Current State employees are subject to Salary Guidelines.)|
|HR Analyst||Susan Derlunas|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Harford County Assessments Office
Mary E. W. Risteau District Court
Multi - Service Center
2 South Bond Street, Suite 400
Bel Air, MD 21014
Main Purpose of Job
- Interacts with the general public both in person and by phone to respond to issues related to the assessment process, property values, general office procedures, personal property and homeowner’s tax credit.
- Inputs a variety of data to the mainframe to update and maintain real property files. Determines if input data is correct in accordance with policies and procedures before entering it.
- Creates new accounts, determines if legal descriptions are correct and adjusts parent accounts to reflect new legal descriptions for split transfers, combination of accounts and plats by following established office procedures.
- Types and sends a variety of forms, letters and reports in accordance with established office procedures. Reviews, verifies, interprets and receives deeds and legal documents for changes of ownership and property description.
- Determines from the deeds whether the correct property is being transferred by matching the legal description on the mainframe with legal description in the deed.
- Determines from the deed if the transfer is a whole transfer or a split account. Files various materials to organize and retain assessment documents in accordance with established office procedures.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with computers and different software including Microsoft Office and entering data into a data base system.
- Experience working with a Multi-line phone system.
- Experience working with the public via telephone and in person.
- Experience with performing mathematical computations involving calculating percentages.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
**Please complete the Supplemental Questionnaire**
All information stated in the supplemental questionnaire must be documented within the application to receive credit.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may submit a paper application and resume to: Department of Assessment and Taxation Attn: Human Resources Department, Room 511 300 W. Preston Street Baltimore, MD 21201.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 410-767-1140.
APPLCATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE CLOSING DATE.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.