OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||4/12/2017 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/26/2017 6:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,048.00 - $42,102.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Susan Derlunas|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Assessments for Charles County
Southern Maryland Trade Center
101 Catalpa Drive - Unit 101 A
La Plata, Maryland 20646
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience using Microsoft Office and entering data into a database system.
- Experience using a Multi-line phone system.
- Experience working with the public via telephone and in person.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
**Please complete the Supplemental Questionnaire**
All information stated in the supplemental questionnaire must be documented within the application to receive credit.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may submit a paper application and resume to: Department of Assessment and Taxation Attn: Human Resources Department, Room 511 300 W. Preston Street Baltimore, MD 21201.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 410-767-1140.
APPLCATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE CLOSING DATE.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|