ALCOHOL AND DRUG SUPERVISED COUNSELOR PROVISIONAL
|Department||DHMH Local Health - Worcester County|
|Date Opened||3/17/2017 10:46:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$14.61 - $22.87/hour (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Carolyn Chase|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Worcester County Health Department
6040 Public Landing Road
Snow Hill, MD 21863
Main Purpose of Job
The Alcohol and Drug (A/D) Supervised Counselor Provisional is the entry level of work, at the noncertified Associate degree level, counseling clients with substance use disorders by using intervention, treatment and rehabilitation. The main purpose of this position is to provide individual and group substance counseling services to Behavioral Health clients. In addition, the position performs in depth substance abuse evaluations, assessments, screening, treatment planning and appropriate referrals to outside agencies. The selected candidate must be able to work and travel to all sites of the Worcester County Health Department.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists under the requirements for Alcohol and Drug Trainees. A copy of your transcript must be attached to your application.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 and Code of Maryland Regulations 10.58.07, employees in this classification must apply for and receive a letter of authorization to practice as a trainee from the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists within 90 days of their date of hire.
2. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 employees in this classification must also successfully obtain certification from the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists as a Certified Supervised Counselor-Alcohol and Drug within one year of meeting the experience requirement for a Certified Supervised Counselor-Alcohol and Drug.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
2. Employees in this classification perform the work in a Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) or a Maryland State certified addictions program.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Contractual employees who works for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online process is not available, please send your paper application to: DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at email@example.com.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|