ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III - Contractual
|Department||DHR Child Support Enforcement Administration|
|Date Opened||3/16/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/30/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$19.83 - $25.62/hour|
|HR Analyst||Jocelyn Maschal|
THIS IS A FULL-TIME CONTRACTUAL POSITION
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Resources
Child Support Enforcement Administration
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore MD 21201-3500
Main Purpose of Job
This position serves as a Contract Specialist for service contracts and interagency agreements by providing assistance to the Child Support Enforcement Administration (CSEA) and Local Child Support Enforcement Offices within the Department of Human Resources in the provision of services to customers that contribute to child and family well being. The incumbent in this position solicits contract services, evaluates proposals, negotiates contract terms and corrective actions, recommends contract awards, and monitors contract terms and conditions; services contracts procured using Title 21 Procurement Regulations and Intergovernmental Agreements that are exempt; and coordinates with CSEA Contract Managers/Specialists in the solicitation of Title 21 and exempt contracts.
1. Manages contracts and Intergovernmental Agreements (IGA) by monitoring contractor performance; reviews and approves invoices, identifies deficiencies, approves corrective action plans and assesses any penalties provided for under the contract.
2. Solicits services required by CSEA and/or Local Child Support Offices for the purpose of establishing and enforcing child support and medical support obligations of collecting and disbursing child support payment using the competitive procurement process in accordance with Title 21 procurement regulations, DHR policies and CSEA procedures by using DHR and CSEA Exempt contract procedures for procuring Intergovernmental Agreements.
3. Prepares Requests for Proposals (RFP's), Invitations for Bid (IFB) or IGA's, specifications and other documents regarding solicitation of contract services provided on the DHR Solicitation Checklist.
4. Develops and maintains a contract management plan to ensure that contracts are procured timely and monitors for compliance in accordance with State regulations, CSEA internal procurement and contract management procedures.
5. Establishes and coordinates interface relationships between Contractors or Providers of services and Local Child Support Enforcement Offices to ensure that the service needs of the local offices and their customers are being met in accordance with contract provisions.
6. Assists CSEA Contract Managers in the solicitation for Exempt and Title 21 Contract services to ensure the timely completion of contract solicitation and execution; provides assistance in the modification, renewal of options and end-of-year closing reports in accordance with CSEA contract procurement procedures; and recommends and prepares documents for contract modifications and option renewals.
7. Participates in the resolution of contract disputes in accordance with Title 21 and CSEA procedures.
8. Conducts procurement solicitations by issuing specifications to vendors, responds to questions, reviews and evaluates proposals, recommends award of contracts, prepares contract documentations based on small procurement checklist, obtains approvals to include contract execution and distributes final contracts.
9. Provides instruction and training, as necessary, to Local Child Support Enforcement staff related to contractor services, interfaces reporting, and communication protocols.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. One year of experience creating and maintaining excel procurement spreadsheets for expenditure tracking and reporting of goods, services and commodities.
2. One year of experience utilizing the Advanced Purchasing and Inventory Control System (ADPICS) and Financial Management Information System (FMIS) to facilitate the procurement process.
3. Must be articulate and trustworthy.
4. Strong written and oral communication skills.
5. Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
6. Flexibility in a busy environment. Strong time management, priority setting and problem-solving skills.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to candidates willing to accept employment in Baltimore City.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The assessment will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Therefore it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment and clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application. Credit may be given for relevant part-time, temporary, or volunteer experience including the number of hours worked per week.
Contractual employees who works for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Human Resources at 410-767-7414.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. This office, with your approval, will verify your prior applicable work experience. In order to receive full consideration for time worked, please complete dates of employment in its entirety and identify number of hours worked for each entry.
College transcripts are not required for review of your application and do not need to be forwarded. Please clearly indicate your college degree and majors on your application. If selected for an interview, you will be required to bring an official transcript with you. For all foreign education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service if selected for an interview.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred; however, the paper application may be submitted to: DHR/Employment Services Division, attn: Jocelyn Maschal, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Baltimore MD 21201-3500. The paper application must be received by 5 p.m. close of business on the closing date of the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. The previous Maryland State application (MS-100) will not be accepted.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.